Here we have our client’s VW Golf GTI mk7, we performed a number of dyno runs to see the standard car’s output and also the car with upgrades
Check out the dyno graph in the image below:
Blue = standard car
Red = sports cat, Miltek cat back exhaust
Orange = sports cat, Miltek cat back exhaust and remap
Take a look at this beautiful car we had in today. Its a Evanta DB4 GT Zagato.
The client was experiencing problems with rough running, so we got it on the dyno, did some diagnostics and with a bit of a tune up, its no longer running rough!
Another job well done
At Perfect Touch we continually strive to offer the best service by being one step ahead, every step of the way. Thats why we wanted to share some useful tips for driving in the UK’s Winter road conditions
Watch the latest video on choosing the right tyres below – video by Auto Express
Follow these simple points below to help:
- Antifreeze – check coolant level regularly and, if required, top-up with a mixture of the correct type of antifreeze.
- Battery – the most common cause of winter breakdowns. A battery more than five years old may struggle in the cold – get it checked and replaced if necessary to avoid the inconvenience of an unplanned failure.
- Fuel – keep at least a quarter of a tank in case of unexpected delay.
- Lights – check and clean all lights regularly to make sure you can see and be seen clearly. Carry spare bulbs.
- Tyres – should have at least 3mm of tread for winter motoring. Consider winter tyres for improved safety. Check pressures at least every fortnight.
- Windscreen – reduce dazzle from the low sun by keeping the screen clean inside and out. Now is a good time to renew worn wiper blades.
- Screen wash – use a 50% mix of a good quality screen wash to reduce the chance of freezing in frosty weather.
- Locks and door seals – stop doors freezing shut with a thin coat of polish or Vaseline on rubber door seals. A squirt of water dispersant (WD-40) in locks will help stop them freezing.
We can help prepare your car for winter by carrying out many of the points above such as replacing bulbs and topping up fluids, but also by supplying and fitting a set of winter tyres.
This content is blocked. Accept cookies to view the content.
We do get some weird and wonderful cars pass through the garage, and today was no exception!
This lovely looking kit car has a Chevy Corvette LS3 v8 engine, it sounded amazing and we fixed the rough running complaint for the client.
Today we tested a Renault Clio 197 on our Dyno. The owner was unsure of the modifications made to his car but we can see it has an upgraded manifold, other exhaust modifications and also upgraded cams which is a nice characteristic to have.
It made good power and the owner was happy.
Call today to get your car booked in for a power run – 01992 443900
Today we ran our client’s Ford Focus ST on our dyno and carried out our FREE VEHICLE HEALTHCHECK
The car is very clean and with a stage 1 tune it made a very healthy 280bhp
If you would like to book your car in for a power run or our FREE VEHICLE HEALTHCHECK
call now on 01992 443900
Today we carried out 4 wheel laser alignment on an Audi R8
This ensures your tyres wear evenly, handling is improved and efficiency maximised.
Contact us today to get your car booked in – 01992 443900
We have been asked to prepare a Renault Clio for the Clio Cup.
This is a great project for us, there is a lot to be done, plenty of diagnostics and modifications to carry out.
15/12/15 – So far we have looked into a 45% leak down on one cylinder and we removed the head to fix the fault.
8/01/16 – We have now removed the engine and gearbox, sent engine compenents away for lightening and balancing, port and polishing.
Next we will be installing polybushes in the chassic components and start assembling the suspension system ready for setting up for track use.
More updates to follow….