At Perfect Touch we continually strive to offer the best service by being one step ahead, every step of the way. Thats why we wanted to share some useful tips for driving in the UK’s Winter road conditions
Watch the latest video on choosing the right tyres below – video by Auto Express
Follow these simple points below to help:
- Antifreeze – check coolant level regularly and, if required, top-up with a mixture of the correct type of antifreeze.
- Battery – the most common cause of winter breakdowns. A battery more than five years old may struggle in the cold – get it checked and replaced if necessary to avoid the inconvenience of an unplanned failure.
- Fuel – keep at least a quarter of a tank in case of unexpected delay.
- Lights – check and clean all lights regularly to make sure you can see and be seen clearly. Carry spare bulbs.
- Tyres – should have at least 3mm of tread for winter motoring. Consider winter tyres for improved safety. Check pressures at least every fortnight.
- Windscreen – reduce dazzle from the low sun by keeping the screen clean inside and out. Now is a good time to renew worn wiper blades.
- Screen wash – use a 50% mix of a good quality screen wash to reduce the chance of freezing in frosty weather.
- Locks and door seals – stop doors freezing shut with a thin coat of polish or Vaseline on rubber door seals. A squirt of water dispersant (WD-40) in locks will help stop them freezing.
We can help prepare your car for winter by carrying out many of the points above such as replacing bulbs and topping up fluids, but also by supplying and fitting a set of winter tyres.