Car and Van ECO Tuning Hertfordshire
At Perfect Touch we have been specialising in sports & racecar tuning for decades. We have applied that experience to Eco Tuning cars, vans and commercial vehicles to maximise fuel economy to return higher miles per gallon.
Services to improve economy and MPG
- ECU Remap – Less visits to the petrol station – increases MPG!
- Free flow air filters – Engine breathes easier – increases MPG!
- Friction reducing additives – Less drag on engine – increases MPG!
- Oxygen sensor replacement – Helps engine to optimise fuel use – increases MPG!
- 4 Wheel Alignment – Less drag on tyres – increases MPG!
- Nitrogen tyre filling – Less tyre filling – increases MPG!
- How to drive economically – please read below – increases MPG!
What is ECU remapping?
If you are looking to reduce your fuel costs whilst doing your bit for the environment, then perhaps it is time that you consider remapping your vehicle. Our ECO-Tuning service will provide your vehicle with increased power and torque in the low-to-mid range of engine revs. The increased power within this rev range ensures that less gear changes are required. With fewer gear changes, your vehicle requires less fuel and substantial fuel cost savings can be made.
The ECO-Tune remap has been specially designed to help reduce your MPG. For long distance travellers or for those with a commercial vehicle, there has never been a better time to get your vehicle remapped. Fuel prices are very unlikely to reduce, so by having an ECU remap your benefit in reduced fuels cost will pay off over time, it will also enhance your driving pleasure!
Step by step approach to saving fuel
- Air Filter – By installing a free flow air filter it will allow your car to breathe easier and take in more air and thus more Oxygen. This will in turn make your car’s engine more efficient and more responsive; it will also help to save fuel.
- Frequent oil changes with fully synthetic oil & ACTIV8 – Manufacturers will advise changing the oil in your car’s engine between 10,000 to 20,000 miles. At Perfect Touch we believe that changing your oil every 5,000 to 8,000 miles will benefit your car’s performance, reliability and very importantly your driving experience. Also regular and frequent oil changes with premium semi & fully synthetic oils will mean even less visits to the petrol station.
- Remove unnecessary weight – How often do we carry unessential items in the boot of our cars? Just think of it this way… weight in the car means less money in your pocket, every item in your car is costing you fuel. So basically, clear out anything that is not essential to your every day motoring.
- Electricity usage – Your car draws electricity from its engine, the more electrical items you have on at any one time the harder your engine will have to work to provide that energy. The harder your engine works the more fuel it will use, by being selective about what you have on while driving will save you fuel.
- Air conditioning – Keep your climate control usage to a minimum where possible; at low speeds open windows with the air con off, above 45mph close the windows and circulate the internally cooled air, this avoids cooling warm air from outside the car. On hot days park your car in shaded areas where ever possible, this will reduce the amount of cooling you need to make the inside of the car comfortable. Regular servicing of your air conditioning system will keep it working at its best, thus it will not have to work as hard keep your car cool.
- Tyres and Nitrogen filling – Keep your tyres filled at the correct pressure, low tyre pressure will cause your car to use your fuel and wear your tyres; this is both costly and will impact the environment. Nitrogen molecules are larger than oxygen molecules, this will mean less tyre filling, and it will maintain your cars tyre pressures, and this in turn will save you fuel and money.
- Using your accelerator pedal – Going easy on the accelerator pedal will probably do more for your fuel consumption than anything else you can do. By changing your driving style you will not only save fuel but your servicing and maintenance costs will be reduced as well. Think of your accelerator pedal as an egg, be gentle and smooth and take your foot off the pedal well before you have to use the brakes, rolling and stopping gently will save on your fuel costs.
Other useful tips
- Don’t leave your engine running if your car is standing still – No Movement = 0 mpg
- Keep the fuel in your car between ¼ and ½, don’t fill up at half, remember Weight = Cost.
- Keep your revs low, change up as soon as you can and always drive smoothly.
- If you have a roof rack, take it off, extra drag = cost.
- Use your car less, walk, cycle, take public transport, car share; the cheapest litre of fuel is one that you don’t have to buy.
- Drive slower, accelerate smoothly.
- On longer runs use your cruise control, keep your speed steady.
- 4 wheel alignment, if your wheels are all pointing in the same direction you will use less fuel.
- Wheel balancing, if your steering wheel is vibrating when you drive, chances are your tyres need balancing.
- Smoother driving style means less fuel usage.